Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Memo, not a Mission Statement

To: Company Management
from: Carolyn
date: around 2am on 9/23
re: Post show, 9/22

Dear Company Management,

The Invited Dress went great. Thank you for organizing all of those passes, especially the last minute RSVPs. It was wonderful to have a few hundred of everyone's friends, families and colleagues in the house.

However, I did notice when I was leaving that there were an awful lot of socks in the aisles.

Apparently, the show is rocking people's socks off.

I'm not sure if we should be thinking about hiring someone specifically to pick up the orphaned socks after each performance or if it is something the Shubert house staff wants to handle internally.

Either way, we definitely need to start a "Lost & Found;" there are a lot of people who will be trying to retrace their steps to figure out where they lost their socks. Perhaps we should start a sock reuniting initiative on the website? I don't know. Maybe this idea is premature.

I guess we should see what happens tomorrow night at the first preview.

Let me know your thoughts.

Hockadoo,
Carolyn

Memphis Blog Shout Out: Happy Birthday to Sarah of New Time Productions!
Thank you for being my desk neighbor, for your technology "consults," for your willingness to jump in and do video release forms when it is so not in your job description, and for knowing that I take my bagels "poppyseed, toasted with cream cheese"- and for making me eat one tonight as dinner. You are fantastical. And your new haircut is super cute.