Saturday, September 5, 2009

Huey's Packing Up, Huey's Moving out.

It's time to say good bye to the Hilton Theatre rehearsal studio. It has been a three week love affair, and now it is time to go our separate ways. Because Memphis is moving into the Shubert Theatre people!

Time to pack up the props...


Make sure you grab...the Tic Tacs??
(I think these are prop "pills" but I'm not 100% on that.)


And make sure we take...the cigarette graveyard??
(No actors were harmed in the smoking of herbal cigarettes)


Pull up the tape marks.
(Every spike mark-which indicates where set pieces are- is measured and transfered to the stage at the Shubert. PA "Magical" Meg told me today they have been doing this every night after rehearsal as it is such a big project. It requires math. Hence why I have not been asked to help.)


Fun Fact: A stage floor that is custom built for a show is called a deck. I don't know why it's called that but I will find out from Set Designer, David Gallo, when I sit down with him this week to ask him about "decks" and other probing questions.)

Oh, and for heaven's sake, make sure to tell the actors where to go.


Photo by Chris Owyoung. www.onelouderphoto.com

That's right. Tuesday, September 8th, the cast is onstage! And, having just come from a run thru of the show, I could not be more excited to see Memphis get all dolled up during tech.

So pack it up. And move it across the street.

Tell the Phantom. Tell Jude Law. Their new neighbor is moving in.